By Stefan Wintermeyer,Stephen Bosch
Using the open resource Asterisk platform, you could installation a cutting-edge VoIP PBX on a reasonably cheap computer or server for a fragment of the price of traditional PBX structures. the one crisis to Asterisk is its notoriously bad documentation. Practical Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 is the answer to that challenge. This ebook offers the entire distinct, real-world, ground-level details you must plan, set up, configure, and reliably function Asterisk in any atmosphere.
This instructional and reference systematically introduces each one of Asterisk’s key construction blocks and exhibits tips on how to use them to enforce a whole spectrum of communications options, from conferencing to name queuing, voicemail and fax to IVR. major Asterisk specialists Stefan Wintermeyer and Stephen Bosch draw on their large adventure, proposing unique utilization examples and functional counsel now not to be had at any place else.
- Detailed directions for configuring a simple Asterisk system
- A start-to-finish company case instance demonstrating Asterisk layout for real-world deployment
- A thorough advent to dialplan purposes and functions
- How to exploit the recent Asterisk Extensions Language to construct concise, readable, and maintainable dialplans
- Using Asterisk’s different community and IP telephony protocols, audio formats, and cord transports
- Configuring Asterisk’s strong voicemail features
- Building a cosmopolitan Interactive Voice reaction (IVR) process with Asterisk
- Defining and using name queues in name middle environments
- Using Asterisk’s integrated conferencing functions
- Controlling Asterisk from exterior functions, scripts, or the method shell
- Interacting with exterior purposes during the Asterisk Gateway Interface
- Setting up extension tracking and tricks for SIP telephones
- Upgrading present platforms to the newest models of Asterisk
Whether you’re a community specialist, telephony professional, software program developer, or energy consumer, Practical Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 provides you with the main thorough element and sensible Asterisk information on hand anywhere.