By Patricia Crist,Gary Kielhofner
Occupational treatment (OT) practitioners usually lack the elemental talents to behavior or successfully use learn, illustrating a tense hole among the development of theoretical recommendations and the level to which strategies are literally utilized. The Scholarship of perform: Academic-Practice Collaborations for selling Occupational treatment closes this hole by way of providing a conceptual framework that integrates conception and learn with medical perform. Leaders within the box offer insightful, thought-provoking principles and techniques to advertise examine and facilitate powerful new recommendations and theories to hands-on practitioners.
The Scholarship of perform is a version that blends schooling with perform, dynamically utilizing theoretical ideas of occupational treatment realized within the school room to their real scientific perform. This framework is a deliberate, concentrated, practice-relevant technique to teach scholars, construct a practice of autonomous scholarship, check with community-based enterprises, and give a contribution to top occupational remedy perform. Case stories exhibit how partnerships and collaborative efforts can foster and follow very important advances and rehabilitative techniques inside groups. Examples of faculty-practitioner partnering at Duquesne college and the method of scholarship on the collage of Illinois are truly mentioned. This state-of-the-art compilation of principles and learn is broadly referenced and jam-packed with valuable diagrams and tables.
The Scholarship of perform: Academic-Practice Collaborations for selling Occupational remedy discusses:
- evidence-based scholarship
- participatory motion research
- unmarried case examine designs
- techniques that offer clinical proof aiding OT services
- how conception, versions, or frames of reference are transformed because of perform calls for or expectations
- top practices in schooling
- continuum of care services
- the New doorways version that gives occupation-based serviceswhile supplying new possibilities for occupational therapists
- the Practice-Scholar application at Duquesne University
- the troubles record Method
- study at the results of perform that help more desirable services
- inventive fieldwork schooling that engages scholars within the scholarship of practice
- and more!
The Scholarship of perform: Academic-Practice Collaborations for selling Occupational treatment makes very important, enlightening examining for occupational therapists, OT educators and students, and graduate scholars getting ready for complicated roles in OT.