By Algernon Austin
This e-book is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million american citizens with the main excessive hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of contemporary Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" train us approximately race and ethnicity in the USA today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties guidelines, academic reforms, and method for facing African American concerns
• provides challenging info displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea get together supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies innovations for facing white racial nervousness a few diversifying America
• offers empirically derived estimates of the share of the yank public with powerful anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Best discrimination & racism books
The topic of anti-Semitism, no longer some time past considered a useless factor, has been revised because of the clash among Israel and the Palestinians. Maccoby strains the now topical dialogue of the origins of Anti-Semitism, and particularly its improvement within the sleek international. the most important questions that are addressed include:How is it that this medieval prejudice proved so lasting and effective?
This publication examines race family members in Australia via numerous media representations over the last 2 hundred years. The early colonial press perpetuated just like aboriginal humans as framed by way of early explorers, and stereotypes and assumptions nonetheless be successful. Print and tv information debts of a number of key occasions in fresh Australian background are in comparison and demonstrate how indigenous resources are excluded from tales approximately their affairs.
Barrierefreies Planen und Bauen betrifft ALLE und ist ein wichtiger Bestandteil der Inklusion. Auch wenn die im Artikel nine der UN-Behindertenrechtskonvention geforderte Barrierefreiheit längst ein Grundsatz sein sollte, der sich für den großen Teil der Bevölkerung als vorteilhaft erweist und nicht zuletzt durch den demografischen Wandel zunehmend erweisen wird, hat sich das Thema baulich bei weitem nicht durchgesetzt.
In past times 3 a long time there were many reviews of transnational migration. many of the scholarship has fascinated by one facet of the border, one sector of work incorporation, one iteration of migrants, and one gender. during this path-breaking e-book, Manuel Barajas offers the 1st cross-national, comparative examine to ascertain a Mexican-origin community’s adventure with foreign migration and transnationalism.
- Inequality, Crisis and Social Change in Indonesia: The Muted Worlds of Bali
- Champion of Civil Rights: Judge John Minor Wisdom (Southern Biography Series)
- Trans-Pacific Japanese American Studies: Conversations on Race and Racializations
- The Ocean Hill-Brownsville Conflict: Intellectual Struggles between Blacks and Jews at Mid-Century
Additional resources for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin