By Bernard E. Rollin
Read Online or Download A New Basis for Animal Ethics: Telos and Common Sense PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
Kant and utilized Ethics makes an incredible contribution to Kant scholarship, illuminating the very important ethical parameters of key moral debates. bargains a severe research of Kant’s ethics, interrogating the theoretical bases of his concept and comparing their strengths and weaknesses Examines the controversies surrounding crucial moral discussions occurring at the present time, together with abortion, the loss of life penalty, and same-sex marriage Joins leading edge thinkers in modern Kantian scholarship, together with Christine Korsgaard, Allen wooden, and Barbara Herman, in taking Kant’s philosophy in new and engaging instructions Clarifies Kant’s legacy for utilized ethics, aiding us to appreciate how those debates were established traditionally and supplying us with the philosophical instruments to handle them
This quantity examines quite a few philosophical ways that search to formulate functional guidance or norms for human activities and behaviour in several parts of society, together with politics, cultural traditions, the surroundings, enterprise administration, structure, and medication. Written by means of a crew of overseas authors, this quantity positive aspects 13 surveys.
David Boonin offers a brand new account of the non-identity challenge: a puzzle approximately our tasks to those who don't but exist. Our activities occasionally have an impact not just at the caliber of lifestyles that individuals will take pleasure in sooner or later, yet on which specific humans will exist sooner or later to take pleasure in it.
This e-book deals an in depth utilitarian research of the moral matters curious about struggle. Utilitarianism and the Ethics of conflict addresses the 2 uncomplicated moral questions posed via battle: whilst, if ever, are we morally justified in waging battle, and if recourse to palms is warranted, how are we accredited to struggle the wars we salary?
- Against Absolute Goodness (Oxford Moral Theory)
- Disaster Bioethics: Normative Issues When Nothing is Normal: 2 (Public Health Ethics Analysis)
- Legal Regulation of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Meta-Regulation Approach of Law for Raising CSR in a Weak Economy (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- The Sustainable Provision of Environmental Services: From Regulation to Innovation (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- Means, Ends, and Persons: The Meaning and Psychological Dimensions of Kant's Humanity Formula
- Justifying Intellectual Property
Extra resources for A New Basis for Animal Ethics: Telos and Common Sense
A New Basis for Animal Ethics: Telos and Common Sense by Bernard E. Rollin